SEM is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Service Technician to join our service team in our Westborough, MA office. The Senior Service Technician is a key member of the service team and must be a confident communicator with a friendly attitude, ensuring each customer enjoys an outstanding experience at every interaction. An ideal candidate will problem solve naturally, enjoy traveling to customer sites, and love having unique challenges to solve for our customers every day. The Senior Service Technician will report to the Service Manager and work with a team of service technicians who travel both domestically and internationally, with the opportunity to lead projects and other junior technicians in-house.
- Service and maintain light and heavy-duty specialized destruction/industrial equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Complete installations and integrations of customized destruction solutions.
- Assemble and erect ductwork and other ancillary items to support installations.
- Assemble and recondition machines/equipment.
- Review and perform electrical interconnecting and wiring.
- Read mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Communicate verbally and written to customers, both internal and external.
- Complete service reports and basic computer reports.
- Complete internal FATs.
- Deliver solutions for a wide array of problems.
- Lead in-house and on-site projects.
- Lead and oversee in-house technicians.
- Conduct product or process training to peers and/or customers.
- Involved in leading continuous improvement initiatives.
- Act as a POC for key customers.
- Drive corrective actions within the service department.
- 50% travel, both domestic and international, with flexibility
- Electromechanical background with proficient mechanical skills.
- Electrical experience. Being a licensed electrician is a plus.
- Service/manufacturing experience, minimum of 5 years preferred.
- Ability to problem solve at a technical level.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with diligence.
- Current driver’s license and safe driver record.
- Must be able to pass a rigorous background check.
- Proficient computer skills and strong basic math skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a US citizen and able to obtain a Security Clearance and Passport.
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending program
- Paid time off
Working at SEM:
Founded in 1967, SEM provides high security data destruction equipment to Federal Government Agencies, the US Military and Intelligence Community as well as commercial clients such as hyperscale data centers and other security-focused organizations. As a small privately-owned company, SEM offers a unique work environment that encourages and rewards innovation, drive, self-awareness, and individual contribution. Each member of our small but mighty team of 60 works hard, wears many hats, has a voice in the company, interacts with all levels of the organization daily, and is never afraid to roll up his or her sleeves. At SEM, our people are unequivocally our most important asset, and their contribution to the company is rewarded with not only a competitive salary, but also a work-life balance second to none and benefits that rival large companies.
Please send your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com.