The Hammer is a hard disk drive erasure tool. When this command is implemented by Hammer, the hard drive is assigned a random password that locks the drive completely. It will not unlock until the Security Erase procedure is completed. On drives where Security Erase is not present, Hammer destroys data using an embedded version of CPR Tools’ BangDisk utility.
CPR Tools’ Hammer implements the ATA Security Erase command to completely purge all data from ATA hard drives. This easy-to-use, one-step device connects up to four (4) hard drives via standard cables (included) and erases data simultaneously at up to 4.0GB/minute. For onsite data purging, the com-pact, portable Hammer operates as a stand alone device and will store up to 256 sessions before being transferred to a computer.
- Securely erases all data on up to four PATA/SATA hard drives simultaneously
- Meets NIST 800-88 ‘purge’ and ‘clear’ specs
- Drives can easily be re-deployed after erasing
- Provides audit trails in the form of labels, certificates of compliance or text record of eradication logs
- G-RASE erase sectors on G-List
- Multi session log stored on Hammer
- Multi-Language support (English, Spanish, French)
- Email Alert (allows the user to input an email address to be notified when process starts, stops or time increments)
- Portable hand held device for field use lock drives with password for erasure at later time