The SEM Model 0101 “Sledgehammer” Hard Drive Crusher: A cost effective solution for your hard drive destruction requirements.
When your hard drives reach the end of their life cycle, a physical destruction methodology should be incorporated in any security protocol. In a non-classified environment, most security professionals utilize a secure erase type of procedure to overwrite the data on the hard drive. This is not completely secure and with the right methods data can still be recovered. In a classified environment, hard drives are degaussed with an NSA Approved Degausser, but the NSA strongly suggests that the hard drives are physically destroyed after degaussing as a supplementary security measure.
Thus, the SEM Model 0101 Sledgehammer Hard Drive Crusher is the perfect physical destruction device for any security budget and is utilized in the commercial marketplace all the way to the highest security installations in the world. The SEM Model 0101 Sledgehammer delivers a staggering 12,000 pounds of force which punches a conical hole though the storage/magnetic platter on the hard drive and also bends the hard drive rendering it permanently disabled.
The SEM Model 0101 Sledgehammer has quite a few user friendly features and is a piece of cake to use:
- Safety Interlock and Emergency E-Stop Button.
- Accepts both notebook drives and desktop drives up to 1.85” thick.
- Allows drives up to 9” deep and drives mounted in removable HDD Caddies.
- Quiet operation, minimal vibration and simple two button function.
- Side mounted handles for transport/portability.
- Small footprint and can be used on a desktop or table.
- Available with optional deployment case for mission critical applications.
- Optional heavy duty stand for mounted operation.
- Fast cycle time: 8 seconds per succession.
- Low power consumption/energy efficient product.
In summary, the SEM Model 0101 Sledgehammer Hard Drive Crusher is a safe, cost effective, proven resolution for your hard drive destruction requirements. In addition, by destroying your hard drives on site you are ensuring they are getting properly destroyed without the outsourcing risk of data breach. As an added value, after your hard drives are physically destroyed they can be recycled for the various components and precious metals content allowing you a substantial return on investment.