The SCSI Hammer is a hard disk drive erasure tool for SCSI drives. When the CPR Tools Secure Erase command is implemented by SCSI Hammer, the hard drive is unusable until the command completes. On drives where CPR Tools Secure Erase is not supported, SCSI Hammer destroys data using an embedded version of CPR Tools’ BangDisk utility.
By securely erasing data without damaging the hard drive, SCSI Hammer is a cost effective and environmentally friendly alternative for end of life hard drive data security. Published reports show that for every ten hard drives that enter the market seven are discarded. Make sure your data is safely destroyed without sacrificing security or harming the environment.
CPR Tools’ Hammer implements a firmware erasure command to completely purge all data from SCSI hard drives. This easy-to-use, one-step device connects four (4) hard drives via standard cables (included) and erases data simultaneously or can connect to a server or Mass Storage Array and erase up to 30 drives at one time. For onsite data purging, the compact, portable SCSI Hammer operates as a stand alone device and will store up to 256 sessions before being transferred to a computer.
SCSI Hammer Features:
- Securely erases all data on up to 30 SCSI hard drives simultaneously
- Meets NIST 800-88 ‘purge’ and ‘clear’ specs
- Connects directly to servers and mass storage units so there is no need to remove drives before erasing
- Drives can easily be re-deployed after erasing
- Provides audit trails in the form of labels, certificates of compliance or text record of eradication logs
- Multi session log stored on SCSI Hammer
- Email Alert (allows the user to input an email address to be notified when process starts, stops or time increments)
- Portable, stand-alone device includes host companion software, CPR Toolbox™ which extends device functionality