iWitness – Media Tracking System (TAA Compliant for Government)
This version of the iWitness — including the laptop and scanner — is fully TAA compliant for our government customers.
The SEM iWitness is an end-of-life documentation tool for IT destruction. The iWitness software records the media and documents the erasure status. This information can be exported to a cross compatible CSV file and saved to a CDR (not included) or USB drive. The iWitness can be used with degaussers, like the SEM Model EMP1000 and the EMP1000-HS high security degausser, as well as SEM’s entire line of HDD and SSD crushers, shredders and disintegrators.
The SEM iWitness software bundle includes the following:
- Laptop with 15″ screen and SSD for increased speed and reliability
- Handheld bar code scanner
- SEM iWitness software preloaded on the laptop*
With the iWitness it is easy to adhere to the NIST 800-88 documentation requirements, which includes recording:
- Serial number
- Method used
- Tool used
- Verification method
- Name of operator, date and more
The iWitness will help you comply with the most stringent government and industry standards, including:
- NSA/CSS/DoD Top Secret
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization NIST SP 800-36/NIST SP 800-88
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
*This is a non-dedicated system and can be used with all SEM/SITES products.