Disintegrator Preventative Maintenance/Service
Disintegrator Preventative Maintenance/Service consists of a scheduled visit by an Authorized Factory Trained SEM Service Representative who will perform the at-site Preventative Maintenance 20 Point PM Sentry Plus Service Program.
The service consists of the following:
- Remove old knives
- Sharpen spare knives
- Installation of sharpened knives
- Calibrate installed knives to application for optimal performance
- Grease rotor bearings
- Inspect hopper for easy opening and closing to cutting chamber
- Inspect rotor for excessive wear
- Inspect screen for proper fit and wear
- Inspect drive belt for wear
- Adjust drive belt tension to factory specifications for maximum efficiency
- Check sheave bolt tension and set to factory specifications
- Inspect fan for proper operation
- Inspect evacuation system for leaks
- Lubricate and grease air system as required
- Adjust flow controls as needed
- Inspect filter
- Shake filter and empty debris if required
- Inspect all safety switches ensuring they function properly
- Inspect all starters ensuring proper operation
- Complete evaluation report with recommendations
- SEM recommends three PM visits per year. However, the number of visits is dependent on the volume and type of material being destroyed.
- Statement of work listed above may change based upon system variations.
- A second spare set of knives is needed to effectively complete the service call.
- If the contractor travels to the site and is denied access because of a changing security condition, the contractor can submit a mutually agreed upon amount for travel and time.