Job type: Full-time
Security Engineered Machinery, located in Westborough, MA, is seeking a candidate to fill the full-time position of Precision Machinist to join our growing machining group. The Precision Machinist is responsible for the manufacture and inspection of high precision products of varying complexity, under limited supervision. This person will also be responsible for the quality and quantity of work performed.
- Set up and operate various types of CNC lathes and/or machining centers in accordance with company policy, procedures and time standards.
- Ability to read CAD drawings.
- Perform various repetitive machining operations primarily on production work or tooling.
- Machine precision products from drawings under minimal supervision and in accordance with established procedures using the ability to read and interpret drawings, sketches and work instructions.
- Operate various types of machinery. CNC milling and turning.
- Setup tools to precise tolerances in accordance with established procedures.
- Inspect own work.
- Problem solving skills.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a minimum of 2 to 5 years’ experience setting up and running CNC mills and lathes.
- Required skills and knowledge include the ability to calculate speeds and feeds, ability to read blueprints, knowledge of using calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment, must possess strong analytical skills.
- CNC turn-mill machining knowledge and experience preferred but not necessary.
- Applicant must be able to multitask and problem solve with the ability to work well with others in a TEAM environment.
- Applicant must possess strong organizational skills.
- Applicant must have the ability to maintain machinery and auxiliary equipment.
- Applicant must have the ability to handle a fast paced and changing manufacturing environment.
- Education from technical / vocational school or higher education is a plus.
- Proficient strong basic math skills are a plus.
- 401(k) matching with 100% company match up to 4% of salary
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending program
- Company sponsored life, ST< disability
- Company paid vacation and sick/personal time
Working at SEM:
Founded in 1967, SEM is a small, Veteran-owned business that provides high security data destruction equipment to Federal Government Agencies, the US Military and Intelligence Community as well as commercial clients such as hyperscale data centers and other security-focused organizations. As a small privately-owned company, SEM offers a unique work environment that encourages and rewards innovation, drive, self-awareness, and individual contribution. Each member of our small but mighty team of 60 works hard, wears many hats, has a voice in the company, interacts with all levels of the organization on a daily basis, and is never afraid to roll up his or her sleeves. At SEM, our people are unequivocally our most important asset, and their contribution to the company is rewarded with not only a competitive salary, but also a work-life balance second to none and benefits that rival large companies.
Please send your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.