SEM is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to work in our engineering department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall product design, scheduling and time management of the project including external consultants and suppliers, testing and full implementation into production. This candidate’s focus will primarily be mechanical design, but they will need to specify and integrate electrical components into designs and also interact with and manage electrical design consultants. A good working knowledge of electrical systems and components is strongly desired. The position will also include other tasks when required. These may include the following: supporting production; supporting and troubleshooting products returned for repair; creating product documentation for new products; certification of products; etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree/experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience in designing electro-mechanical devices or equipment.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD modeling. SolidWorks is strongly preferred.
- Must have some electrical experience, preferably with single and 3-phase AC and DC power systems. Some knowledge of PLC and microcontroller based systems, a plus.
- Ability to read electrical schematics on both system level and PCB level.
- Must have good knowledge of machining and a full comprehension of mechanical drawings.Machining experience, a plus.
- Must possess strong writing, communication, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and conceptualization skills, strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work both independently and with vendors, consultants and other departments.
- Must possess good computer skills and proficiency in MSWord, Excel, and Power Point.
SEM is a world leader in providing information destruction equipment to the US Government and Data Centers world-wide.
SEM offers a team oriented business casual work environment, with benefits including medical, dental, 401K, profit sharing and paid time off. Please send your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com.