Security Engineered Machinery Co. Inc. (SEM), a growing manufacturing company specializing in information security and destruction equipment and headquartered in Westboro, MA, has an immediate opening for an Electromechanical Technician. SEM has been a critical solution provider of media destruction equipment to the U.S. government organizations including the military, FBI, CIA, DoD, Department of Treasury, and Federal Embassies, as well as large multinational commercial entities for over 50 years. SEM’s solutions include devices that destroy a variety of information storage media from paper and optical to hard disc drives and solid state media.
- Electromechanical assembly and testing of security destruction equipment
- Service and maintenance of large capital equipment
- Troubleshooting and repair of customer returned equipment
- Support of engineering as needed for testing and assembly of product
- Support of other disciplines as required
- Strong electromechanical background with good mechanical skills
- Experience with basic hand and power tools
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings
- Ability to follow assembly procedures to produce finished product
- Minimum of two years of service/ manufacturing experience
- Ability to problem solve at a technical level
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with attention to detail
- Must be available for travel up to 50%
- Proficient computer skills and strong basic math skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Current driver’s license and safe drivers record
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Electrical assembly and high voltage wiring experience
- PLC programming experience
- Ability to weld and paint
Hours are 8-4:30 M-F. Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.